Friday, October 2, 2009

Missing the Light Show

I had been looking forward to Thursday night all week. I charged my camera battery, cleaned my lens and filter and reviewed my plans to set up and get some awesome lightning photos- I was ready! And as the squall line approached us from the west, I began to make preparations to take off to the location and set up. I took my wireless device ( Sony Ericson Z525 phone) off the charger and right away noticed something- a blank screen. My phone had died!



With my only mobile connection to the internet and live radar gone, I had to make a decision. Go ahead, set up and hope that I wouldn't end up in a potential life-threatening situation or play it safe, stay at home and wait until the next opportunity presents itself. I chose the later. And it was quite a light show that I missed!



We received 1.55 inches of rain here last night as the line of storms moved through the area and at 6:03 am it is currently 57 degrees.

No comments: